Walled Lake Consolidated School District is the largest school district in Oakland County, Michigan, with 15,600 students and 1,600 employees. WLCSD partnered with Macprofessionals on two major projects. The first project was to upgrade AV in all the classrooms, for better teaching and learning. Over 800 classrooms will be retrofitted by the time the project is complete.
Macprofessionals assisted the District to develop their final design by testing several different options in classrooms and evaluating the teacher responses. The 21st century classrooms include the following:
- Epson Bright Link 595Wi & DC-12 document camera (video)
- Front Row JUNO sound system (audio)
- Custom fabricated wall shelf
- Full HDMI solution, including a HDMI Key Digital switch
On the second project WLCSD approached Macprofessionals for guidance on a district-wide iPad deployment for their teaching staff, supported by grant funding.
We provided the following services:
- Consulting on approach and best practices
- “Genius bar” sessions and launch event support
- Recommended Airwatch MDM and assisted in configuration and setup
- Provisioning of 1000 iPads, including enrollment into MDM, asset tagging, and delivery
- Continuing consultation
- Hardware repair
Work commenced in Nov. of 2014 and is on-going.