Fraser Public Schools is a nine-building K-12 district in Southeast Michigan. During a single school year at FPS, the technology environment grew from a handful of aging PC labs to a 1-to-1 environment comprised of 635 Macs, 5,140 iPads, and 285 Apple TVs. To support this change, a complete network infrastructure overhaul took place, many new services were implemented, and everyone in the organization adopted new perspectives on technology in all parts of the learning process. Existing technology staff developed expertise in new areas to deploy and support cutting edge systems.
Macprofessionals contributed to the success of this project by contributing:
- Consultation on, and implementation of new management and security policies
- MDM solutions, consultation, and training.
- iPad provisioning services and training, focused on blending Apple Configurator and MDM technologies, including naming, configuration, and inventory.
- Global Content Filtering solutions combining MDM and open web proxy technologies.
- Device roll-out support.
- Insurance against accidental damage, loss, and theft.
- Hardware repair.
- Apple TV installation and configuration.
- OS X imaging, deployment, inventory, management, and troubleshooting services and training.
- Integration solutions regarding Microsoft Active Directory, Aruba Wireless Technology, Office 365, and other critical district technology services.
- Ongoing technical consulting and support.